Friday, June 13, 2014

Fun with Journals!

Sweet girl, journal book, 2014
     Like many mixed media artists, I have ideas all the time....for which I consequently BUY stuff to make said ideas come to life.  Then said items lay around the studio until one day, years later, the idea comes to fruition.  This was such an idea.

     Some time back I bought several journals so that I might paint or collage their fronts and backs.  I did collage some of the journals and then left the rest for another day, another project.  Cut to years later, now I am painting little characters and faces and so I decided to 'doctor up' some more journals with these sweet little figures.

Front

Back

Front

Back

Front, all done in 2013



So, that's just some fun stuff you can do adding characters to your journals covers.  Have a great day!

Cynthia


No comments:

Post a Comment