Tuesday, June 3, 2014

The Documented Life Project

I've been having such a good time with The Documented Life Project since I joined about a month ago.  If you haven't heard about it, give it a look....it's soooo much fun.  What is it?  It's basically a free group created by 5 artists who joined together calling themselves "Art to the 5th."  http://www.arttothe5th.com/
Basically, you paint, doodle, and groovy-up a regular yearly planner.  They recommend using a Moleskin planner, but I already had an 8X10 inch planner so I just used that.  Here are some photos of mine.




I just love how this spread turned out!  Mainly the part on the left.  The top to middle right is still unfinished....I like to leave room to doodle and add things as I go.




You can see some of the fun tabs I put on the page edges to show the months (on the top left of the page.)







For this page (above) I had some "artist's papers"....like scrap booking paper that had these cute little pop tops on it.  I used a round punch to punch them out and then pasted the days of the week on top.


These little hexagonal shapes also came from some cute papers I bought.  Thought they would be just perfect for this.

As you can see...I went crazy.  Did most of the pages shown here over the course of a week, and don't think I worked on much of anything else.  It seemed that once I got started it was very addictive and I just couldn't stop!  I found it to be incredibly enjoyable, therapeutic, plus...interesting things happen....things I'd like to add to my other artwork.  It's a very freeing experience and if you don't like something, you just keep painting over it!
A brayer was used on most of the pages to achieve a layered look.  It's amazing what one can do with only a brayer and some paint!  I am also having a blast using an array of neon/florescent colors, as I have just discovered how amazing they are!
Stay tuned for more to come, and thanks for stopping!

Art On Creative People!
Cynthia

No comments:

Post a Comment